Phil’s 21™ Classic Chicken Recipe is a classic grilled chicken recipe redesigned to include Phil's 21™ Spice Rub.
- 1-2 Whole Chickens
- Phil’s 21™ Spice Mix
- 2 medium apples
- ½ lemon
- Virgin or Xtra Virgin Olive Oil (I like Star brand)
- 1. Rinse chicken in water and pat dry with paper towel.
- 2. Coat chicken all over with approx ¼ cup spice mix.
- 3. Ideal method of cooking is on a rotisserie. With this method, put seasoned chicken on rotisserie, place a disposable aluminum pan underneath to catch oil.
- 4. Core and cut apples into 8 sections.
- 5. Place apples in pan underneath chicken.
- 6. Pour approx ¼ cup oil or more over chicken as it turns.
- 7. Squeeze lemon on chx as it turns then put in pan.
- 8. Oil will drip & cover apples. Pour a little more oil over chicken ½ way through cooking.
- 9. Cook approx 1 - 1 ½ hours until golden.
- 10. Serve with a nice red wine and French fries.
- 11. Pour oil & apples & serve in separate pan.
If cooking in oven use 400 oven and follow same directions as above. Enjoy.